Monday, January 10, 2011

Embroidered Thoughts: New Year Commitment to Create


We start the New Year with good intentions and aspirations. I'm moving on from that "stuck place" trying to decide if my last piece is indeed complete before embarking on the next one. This one tentatively entitled "1st, 2nd & 3rd" has taken over 6 months. I would not call this my magnum opus although with respect to size and some opulence in embellishment it actually could be just that. I've also been drawing in an attempt to free up my labor intensive tendencies and hoping that drawing will inform my next embroidered piece.


So, New Year: more blog discipline as it's interesting to re-read old posts to figure out my mindset. It's also an opportunity to focus and play with imagery and ideas. My studio is inviting - I have new music and I have Samantha, my studio kitty buddy who has christened an old NIU silkscreen project as her "nap area" so I do have company.

No comments:

Post a Comment