Friday, July 23, 2010

with some trepidation...



With one website attempt a few years ago that was left to languish, I've decided to start a blog. And yes, I have images of "Julie and Julia" racing through my head, although I'm sitting in a basement office with Morris, our newly acquired orange tabby at my elbow (he's eyeing the keyboard as he has some plan to plop his massive body where my fingers are nimbly typing - my elbow serves as the barrier to thwart his attempts to "squat"). Instead of the sound of city in the movie, I hear the de-humidifier, clothes dryer and footsteps upstairs.




I see this as an opportunity to transfer thoughts that I have in my head and in my sketchbook. I will be curious to see if and what patterns arise and how they translate into the images that I will ultimately stitch. Also, I will post images of pieces already completed and in process. I'm thinking this will be a tool for expressing thoughts as they relate to process. A few "aha" moments would be welcomed. So, will the utilization of a blog add to the creative process?

No comments:

Post a Comment